Maritime: The TS Normannia ship name plaque
Maritime: The TS Normannia ship name plaque. The oval steel metal plaque is inscribed 'No 1454 T.S. ''Normannia'' built by Denny - Dumbarton - 1951' and was recovered from underneath the wheelhouse of the ship at the time of dismantlement. The T.S. Normannia was a steel twin screw turbine ship streamer, built by Denny's of Dumbarton (Yard number 1454) for the British Transports Commission's Southampton to Le Havre route, first commencing service on 3rd March 1952. 10.6 in (27 cm) x 16.5 in (41.9 cm).
Auction Date: September 2019